Liberty Building Forensics Group® (LBFG) is a leading building forensics firm that has solved some of the world’s largest and most complex building failures, including some of the largest moisture & mold problems. The LBFG staff has a combined 200 years of experience in solving construction and design deficiencies, and the firm brings the expertise and knowledge of over 400 projects to meet your needs in residential and commercial properties.
Our problem avoidance peer reviews have helped clients successfully build over $8 billion in construction. In our experience, avoiding problems before they happen is always the best approach and is even more important when the project involves complex green construction. LBFG is a recognized leader in helping clients design and construct sustainable green buildings and other projects while remaining proactive against the possible failures of those same projects.
We have assisted clients in recovering over $500 million through our proven ability to understand and apportion complex moisture-related insurance claims and then to effectively communicate our findings.
LBFG’s expertise includes:
- Building Envelope Deficiencies and Failures
- Building Mothballing, Layaway, and Decommissioning
- Corrosion-Related Failures
- HVAC Problems and Failures
- Building Condensation Problems
- Litigation and Claims Support
- Problem Avoidance Peer Reviews
- CPVC Piping Failure Building
- Commissioning of Building Envelopes
- Water Intrusion Issues
- Chinese Drywall Failure
- Solving High Humidity and Mold Problems
- Expert Witness Support
- The Risks Associated with LEED®
- Buildings Commissioning and QA/QC Services
- Remedial Design and Corrective Implementation
- Air, Vapor, and Water Barrier Design and Remediation
- Window Failures and Remedial Design
- Building Pressurization Repair and Avoidance
- Indoor Air Quality Problem Analysis